Monday, January 9, 2012

Cards 'n Boxes


I started with this card for my friend Cathy, It's her birthday this weekend and I wanted to make her a card. Thanks to my UK buddy Sarah I agreed to try to keep my resolution and try to do a card a week. This  card I used scraps (part of my UIU pledge) from the recipe book I made our daughter. The stamp is from Art Impressions and is part of their Girlfriend series. Inside it says "Dance like nobody's watching....that can have you committed". I had to make the card a tad larger as the stamp is quite long and better suited to an A7 card. So I made a matching envelope for it.


Then there is this, my A2 box die (Accucut). I decorated the top and made 6 cards for the inside. I will be sending this to Cathy also. After she uses the cards inside, she can use the box to wrap a gift for someone else. Using some Sizzix dies I cut a heart out of chipboard, added seam binding bow, some lace trimmed ribbon, wild Orchid Craft flowers (thanks Sarah), a few odd bits from me stash, and a digital image from  iralamijashop


Inside there are some cards, a couple birthday, and the rest general so she can use them for "just because" reasons, when she needs one. Here a couple more of the Art Impression Girlfriend line, and the boxer one from Custer's Last Stamp (a Michigan company).
Now I happened to have this Box No 13 (Accucut) cut out and sitting around. I thought why not do that up also? I painted it pink, added a frame using my nestabilities, Some WOC flowers, a seam binding bow, a sweet image from iralamijashop and some tiny hearts I glittered with some "Martha". I reduced the image, mounted it on white card stock, trimmed with my postal cut scissors to make a sweetheart gift box.
So here is this weeks installment. Next week, I will really have to try. I have orders for charms that have to happen....but two weeks in a row, and this week 7 cards and two boxes, maybe I should have spaced them out?




1 comment:

Terri said...

Beautiful cards and boxes! You did a terrific job as usual!