Monday, August 24, 2009

Today this lovely lady arrived. She has stunning red hair and pretty earrings and a heart charm dangling from her wrist. She has a sheer red shawl and the the longest lashes (I'm jealous). My swap partner "Kristen Cameron" in Nancye's Art Doll Group made her for me.
Her lavender eyes and pursed lips give her a slightly thoughtful look. Like she is remembering something and lost in the memory.
As sophisticated as she looks she hides a secret. Just look at these playful tights? Perhaps she is anticipating Halloween? I love it.As if receiving this doll wasn't enough look at this little guy. A sweet robins' egg blue fella to keep me company in my studio and guard my buttons. He looks a bit mischievous though doesn't he with that wink he is making. I will enjoy their company here with me. They are well made and it looks like Kristen might have a career making this little gems! They are so special!
Thank You again Kristen! You made this a great swap for me!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The art doll and fairy are both adorable! Those are great! What a sweet friend! She's so talented, too! :)

Stef H said...

wow! awesome! what nice friends you have. but that's because YOU are one of the best!

hugs,

Terri said...

So you got 2 from your swap partner? Sweet! What an artistic lady doll maker she is. And your doll was amazing...this was a really great swap!

Her Art Nest said...

OMG Deb, these dolls are awesome. What a cool swap! Just beautiful! ~Nance

Willnnabel said...

Yes she was worth the wait. Kristen doen not have a blog at this time, but she is on Nancye's Art Doll at ning.com.