Saturday, May 14, 2011

Friday Fun

So off to Terri's (after a few errands) for a "creative" day. We both purchased the TH die of the little town. Gosh its a lot smaller than I anticipated. Terri was going to do a "Tim Holtz" inspired town. Since I am not as organized as her I decided to go what I could easily get my hands on. at the time it was some "shabby chic" paper and trims. I had not seen the dies up close yet so I guess-timated at the dimensions and printed up some images I had to use. Throwing some bits and bobs into a couple bags I headed over.
Here is my finished town, I used jump rings I made with wire to bind the houses together.
Here it is laid flat..... sorry the flash totally washes out the glitter. Its been rainy and overcast all day so no natural light for a good photo.
After finishing the little TH "town" we made a tag. I decided to use the papers left over from the our first project to make this.....
Terri contributed the sweet trimming along the bottom, the pretty blue flowers, and the cool little sequins that look like mini rosettes on my mini banner. It was fun, we even managed to steal away for a "frozen custard", which was just what I needed. It was a rough week at work. Business is not good, and the downtown here has been all torn up.
I have some of my charms in a local shop here, but with the construction company botching things up there has been no way to get to the shops. The shop owners are understandably upset. They (The construction company) was supposed to only tear up one side on the street at a time. Instead they took out "all" the sidewalks downtown. You cannot get near a shop without going way out of your way. I won't even begin to tell you what a nightmare it is trying to get home from work every night.
So nothing is selling there, and to make matters worse she had to use the money she did have to pay her rent, so she could not pay me yet for the pieces she did sell! I may have to pull my charms out and try another place, since she just informed me that she was told that now they don't expect to be by the July 1st deadline. Mix in trouble with where my husband works, our dehumidifier breaking down, and unexpected bills and well I was not really in the mood to create.
I have to thank Terri for being so supportive and getting me out of my funk, long enough to have a little fun. Now please head over to her blog TerrisBloomingIdeas and check out her town and tag.

4 comments:

Terri said...

Fantastic job site unseen on creating just the right scale on the images. Both projects turned out beautifully!
It was a great day of Art therapy indeed. Thanks for my sweet treat too!

Maria Sabina R said...

love it!!!! your work is wonderful and very beautiful! i like it a lot!

janita mantel said...

So special, really beautiful

Caroline said...

Terri sent me over... Wow I love your version of the Artful Dwellings.. and the tag is just stunning.
TFS
Caroline