Saturday, February 4, 2012

Valentine Romance


My friend Sarah in the UK inspired me to play with my dies and some pretty pinks when she posted about a challenge on Snazzy’s Design Team Blog. I have been sending die cuts from my collection of dies to Sarah for some time now. She is a member of W.O.C. design team and was in need of some items to decorate with their wonderful flowers. 
Recently she posted a box she decorated for their challenge. So I decided to go for it and used one of my new dies, Sizzix ( the box, the lacy heart, and T.H. movers and shaper) dies were what I used. As well as Marvelous Martha glitter!
 I used some older DCWV paper to cover the base of the box and Stampin-Up ink Real Red to darken it up a bit. Martha Stewart glitter (can't get enough!) that matched the sparkly ribbon I found at Joann's.
 Using crepe paper streamers I made my own fringed trim for the base, and the top. I cut out two Tim Holtz cupids and hearts.  The lid of the box already has the lacy cuts in it which made it my first choice for this project, it's vintage, romantic feel lends it to this project so well.
 I was going to add more to it but I love the simple shabbiness, and every time I pick it up to add something more, it seemed to say to me "enough, it's enough". I will fill it with sweet Dove chocolates, and perhaps surprise someone special for Valentines Day.
With the scraps, I broke out my Stampin-Up matchbox die and made up this cutie gift box. I will use it for one of my soldered charms. Having so much fun making boxes to house and give them in. Terri came over and we played yesterday. It's been so long since we did this, it was quite a treat. She cut out some boxes. You will want to head over to her blog because they are so stinkin pretty and while your there check out her blog shop. They will compliment her fabulous handmade jewelry nicely, http://terrisbloomingideas.blogspot.com/ .

5 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh wow, what a fabulous box, just stunning and I love the TH dies, (I need them lol...) I totally agree that often less is more and certainly from where I am sitting that box is just perfect the way it is!

The little box is gorgeous too, lucky recipients:o)

Thank you for entering these lovely projects to our first Snazzys challenge.

Gillian .... said...

Hi Debra, thank you for sharing your beautiful shabby chic box of goodness. Loving the new TH dies (adds these to wish list lol), I think it's perfect the way it is. Thanks for entering Snazzy's DT Challenge.

craftimamma said...

Thanks for entering this beautiful box into our first Snazzy's DT Challenge. Some lucky person is going to be very happy to receive this. I agree with my Teamies, listen to your inner voice, it's usually right. If you have to think about whether a project needs something else, it usually doesn't I find. I love the crepe paper fringing and the TH cupids. A really lovely project.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Minxy said...

You box is totally awesome, So pretty with all that detail, Thank you for playing along with us over @ Snazzy's 1st challenge
Minxy x

Terri said...

Gorgeous work as usual, Deb!
Got my post up thanks so much for the link and lovely comment! Had a blast!