Thursday, September 4, 2008

I Just Needed a Laugh

I just couldn't help myself, this was just too funny. I was in need of a laugh. So I wandered the Internet looking for things to inspire my work in Vicky's journal. It may sound strange, but I think I could do a whole page of these quirky, satirical things and she would love it (not what I plan though).

This isn't getting my page done and I should stop here and get busy. I foolishly tore my craft room apart last week, and while the closet project turned out great, it created a state of chaos in the room. So I have to work and finish up the page. Thank goodness I was able to have a "bird" intervention last week. Terri was witness to me tearing them apart and doing them over. Now I am happy with them, yet I have one more thing to add before I proclaim I am done there too.

Right now Vicky is at Crittenton Hospital waiting for the birth of her first grandchild! She has been waiting since Megan started labor yesterday afternoon. Let's all wish them the best.

I need to get the meal coordinated for the Art Weekend at Nancy's yet too! So no playing this weekend! Which is hard because I have my new toy (my computer), but I am going to be good and work on Vicky's journal page first.......yes that first......I mean it this time

3 comments:

Her Art Nest said...

Hey Deb,
Yeah, sounds like the "petro-pump" I got one year for Christmas. Here I was thinking I was getting a bread machine due to the shape of the box. When I opened it I actually got tears in my eyes. It was a red gasoline container with a plunger to fill the lawnmower tank! So thoughtful, don't you think?

Sandra Evertson said...

Love the retro illustration!
Sandra

Bill said...

This is too funny!