Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day Weekend

It was a busy productive weekend. Spent Friday packing our freezer. The nearby IGA had their semi-annual meat sale. Time to stock up. Started off at 8:00am, and finished wrapping up and packing up around 3:30! After cleaning up a shower and off to see our son, John, play at the Magic Bag in dowtown Ferndale. He was sitting on on the first two bands and playing with his band "The Infatuations". They won the Vitamin Water "Peoples Choice Award" this year (at the Detroit Music awards). It was a nice evening out with our daughter Steph, and son-in-law Pat. Saturday a set of stamps I had ordered from My Favorite Things arrived. After some light housecleaning I made a few cards with them. The set I purchased came with the die to cut out the typewriter and the paper. I used my Stampin Up background stamp, and some vintage seam binding to make the bows. These stamps included some clever saying, my favorite being "don't make me use ALL CAPS!"

Later I had to fill some soldered charm orders I received. No, not for all of these, but if I am going to solder, well I might as well do a few extra. I had done some "lock and key" charms and which were a big hit. This time I played with some small bevels, clear baubles, and added a few vintage glass crystals to some of them.

My husband and my children surprised me at work Friday. My cubicle is right next to the delivery door for the office. So often I am the one to sign and recieve incoming packages and registgered materials that arrive. When our Fed-Ex delivery lady showed up I jokingly saw the long bax and said "You shouldn't have". She laughed and said "Sure", and when I looked down I saw my name was on the box! Inside was two dozen lovely Carnations and a vase. I love Carnations and getting them at work was a nice surprise. I knew that although the card read "From Steven, and the children" my daughter Steph had masterminded this. She is so good that way and knows how special getting flowers sent makes me feel. It was nice of her to organize this and for my children and Steve to think of this... On Sunday morning Steve gave me this card. Love it! I am always telling them I am the Queen. The card he gave me says "Mothers Day, is a chance for us to treat you like a Queen!", inside it says "Yeah, like a Queen with lazy subjects who don't listen!" Hmmmm, I wondered if someone hadn't been spying on me, because this was so something I would say! Ha Ha
Mothers Day was so nice. We went to Steph and Pat's home, John joined us, and later Kimberly joined us via Skype from Kalamazoo (where she attends college). We had grilled burgers and wine. We also got to enjoy their 1st anniversary cake (provided by the company that made their wedding cake, as part of their wedding package).
It was a relaxing day, the weather was lovely, the food good, and what better company than ones family.

No comments: