Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Customizing Shuttles

As I mentioned below I purchased a couple shuttles from La Cossette on Etsy. She alters the areo-type shuttles for tatting. They are so pretty and of course I had to have more than one. They are a bit pricey though and for me at least, just having two wasn't quite enough.

Soooo, I thought perhaps I would take a stab at altering a few of my own. There are lots of "how to" posts. One on Decoromana's blog, and again on Knitpick's blog . They were a good place to start.
What do you think? Frankly I think I almost nailed it, that is all except the area at the top. that's where I can do better. that area was tricky I didn't go quite as tapered. As with all new things there is a bit of trial and error, but overall I am pleased with the results.
Okay lets see what you think, In the photo above the La Cossette shuttle is on top, mine below.......
In the above photo my shuttle on top, the La Cossette shuttle is below.....(I added a swarovski crystal to the center). Not to shabby, if I must say so myself. Although being a little OCD I will still want to fine tune it a bit. I think I can do better. I did the clover (post type) for my swap partner (post below), and I think I want to decorate a couple of my post shuttles next.

I am enjoying tatting and now have these pretty shuttles to tat with.



1 comment:

Elena K said...

beautiful shuttles :)