Monday, March 9, 2009

Blue Monday....time for a break

That's it I am done. I am going to step back and just take a break from all the madness for a bit. I spent considerable time on Blogger this weekend with Pink Saturday, and setting up awards. Well I lost my award post. It kept scrambling since I changed backgrounds, and I just had it. It's gone, I let it go. While I appreciate the sentiment and love that people would pass them to me, they were never my agenda. It's okay. I only had a couple people pick them up anyway. I thank both Terri, and Nancy, for sending them my way but I just could not handle the frustration. What started out as something fun is getting to be work. It wasn't supposed to be this hard, and it was supposed to be fun. I was the first of my friends to start a blog here, and they have passed me by. They are having a ball and I am happy for them. I feel now like I am running to catch up, and frankly I don't remember wanting it to be a race. So I am stepping back. It's back to basics for me. I will post what I want to, when I want, and not worry about who is reading, or if anyone is. This is for me. So while I appreciate the awards, they were not why I started blogging. I enjoyed the sharing, and meeting so many talented people. I will still be checking out other blogs and posting, but maybe a bit less. For those that stop by, welcome, if you want to comment fine, if not it's okay. As for me I am going to pace myself, come here when I need to share, or just check out all the other beautiful blogs for inspiration.

8 comments:

Terri said...

I really like the new background Deb, it looks great.
By what you wrote I can feel your fustration. Then this thought came to mind...the line from the Ten Commandments movie where The Pharo says,"So let it be written...so let it be done" I can't think of how to spell his name correctly but I know you know. We really can only do so much. It took me 3 days to recover from the letter I lost that I wrote to Anu and I finally felt like doing it yesterday.
Hey,It was just a crazy weekend and then with the time sprining ahead. I just woke up at 11:00 today. Yesterday Chip and I didn't wake yp in time to go to service. Thank fully we listened in on the phone. I call you later.

Jann said...

Hi Debra--I finally had some time to come on over and pick up the little blog award you sent me a note about--I'm so sorry things have been so busy in my life lately--seems like I've been doing everything for everyone else in the family and not taking much time for me. (Boo Hoo)--anyway, I am sorry you lost your post, but I want to tell you that I do very much appreciate it that you thought of me. Blogging can be fun, but it can also be frustrating when things don't work correctly--I've certainly had my share of "oh no" moments with Blogger! Please know that I love your blog, and I think you're doing a great job with it--don't worry about anything, just be yourself and do what makes you happy regarding the blog stuff. Take good care . . . Blessings, Jann

Pretty Things said...

When something is no longer fun, it's time for a breather or a change. Good for you for taking a break.

I am constantly comparing myself and my work to other people. "Why can't I be more creative/funnier/etc etc like so-and-so is?" That's when I realized I was stifling who *I* was, and it made me go down a new path, MY path, and I'm quite happy with it.

May you find YOUR path!

RobinfromCA said...

Oh, I'm so sorry that you are having frustrations with this. I understand about never wanting to blog for awards or whatever. It's not something I realized was done until now. I've seen awards, of course, but it's never been a goal. I just want to share, keep up with friends and meet new people. Along the way I'm learning how to do new things but that's just for me to learn something new. I hope you can get back to that again soon. Once something becomes a competition it seems to take the fun out of it. Best wishes to you and to simplifying your blogging world so that you enjoy it again.

Thanks for stopping by on Saturday,
Robin@Miscellaneous Thoughts

Willnnabel said...

No it isn't Nancy I have only 80 posts. I checked.

Stephanie said...

Hey there, I came back to your blog to find that funny video you posted so I can post it on my blog. Seems like lately every time I want to complain...that video pops in to my head..."everythings amazing!". My best friend an I are saying that to each other all the time (sarcastically actually).

And, hey, I identify with your current post. Blogging IS supposed to be fun. I echo your sentiments about doing it for YOU! Good for you.

Renee said...

Debra, don't leave me.....

Make sure you keep being on here, you are my friend and I would miss you.

I post strictly for myself and for my children. I post so that when I die and they read these, they may be able to see me a little better.

This should never be a competition, some people buy into that but we don't need too. Besides competing with who and for what.

You comment on my blog today had me in stitches. Twirl the kids over your head. har har har.

Love you. Renee

Laura said...

Thank you for stopping by Our Scented Cottage and for the nice comment! I agree, you have to write for yourself and hope others receive enjoyment from it. That's why I do it! Like the quote on my blog says, "You've got a lot of choices. If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore and you're not smiling on a regular basis, try another choice." I try to live by that.
Have a great day!
Laura